The Most Talented Interior Designers & Architects
We denounce with righteous indignation and dislike men who we are to beguiled demoralized by the charms of pleasures that moment, so we blinded desires, that they indignations.
When you’re shopping for your next wall neon sign, they don’t want to make the mistake of buying something that only looks good from a distance, or might not be what they expected. That’s why we’ve put together this list of do’s and don’ts for buying a neon sign, so you can find what will work for your specific needs!
Do invest in one with a long tube life. A fluorescent tube usually lasts about 6 months before it starts to dim out.
1. Do look at the sign before making your final decision. Make sure it’s everything you expected, and that it will look perfect in the area you have in mind! Remember that the glass starts out clear, and then gets covered with paint and letters.
2. Do make sure you have enough space to hang your neon sign! Keep in mind that you’ll need about a foot of space behind it for the tube to fit into. This is because the tube has to be swiveled so it can be hung up straight and then plugged into a power source.
3. Do think about where the neon will be placed in your apartment. If it’s in a small area, then a large sign might not be the best fit.
4. Do check out neon signs that have been used and have been removed from their housing to see what they look like once they’re not on the unit anymore! You can also see how they react in natural lighting, and how well they are sealed up during their time away from the shop.
5. Don’t wait too long to buy your neon sign! It’s fun to be shopping for these, but once you’ve had your eye on one you really want, you’ll soon forget all about it and start wanting something different.
6. Don’t let the price deter you! It’s true that the cost of these signs can be quite high, but they’ll have enough staying power to make it more than worth it in your eyes.
7. Don’t settle for a sign that doesn’t fit into your design! There are so many different styles of neon signs, and the choice is yours. If you find one that you love, then it’s important that it works for the way you live and your style.
8. Don’t forget that neon signs should be a part of your decorating scheme, but only as a last resort feature. Don’t hang them in spaces where they will be ignored, as they’ll quickly seem like they don’t belong there.
9. Do make sure to use power sources that are rated for neon signs! Not all electric outlets will work with neon signs, so make sure you buy those specifically designed with this in mind!
10. Do ask around to find out which neon signs will fit your specialized needs! If you’re thinking of doing something with neon lights that no one else is, then it’s important that you know if the sign will work for this style and lighting.
1. Don’t forget to check the dimensions of your sign! This will help you figure out whether it’s possible to fit it in the space you have in mind, as well as decide whether or not certain components would be breaking any rules because of where they are placed.
2. Don’t let the attractive price of these items fool you into buying one! It’s true that they aren’t priced as high as other light sources out there, but it’s important to keep in mind that a well made neon sign will last much longer than any other light source you’ll find.
3. Don’t think about your sign as only a way to add lighting to your home. Think about all the different ways you can use it for accents, for signs, and for adding to some visual appeal!
4. Don’t try installing your own neon signs at home! This is something that should be left to professionals, so if you’re doing DIY work make sure someone else is helping out with it.
5. Don’t use a neon sign as a decoration! If you’re hanging a neon sign, then do it with some purpose in mind.
6. Don’t forget to check the return policy on the neon sign before you buy it! There’s nothing worse than getting stuck with a neon sign you can’t use in your home because of problems that occurred when shipping it.
7. Don’t be afraid to ask questions about your neon signs! The staff at Retro Fitness may be able to help you figure out which option will work best, but they’ll be happy to answer your questions regarding the item, how they were made and what kind of light they emit and how they perform.
The Ultimate List of Neon Signs Do’s and Don’ts will help you choose your neon sign wisely, as well as finding a neon sign that you can enjoy for many years to come! So make sure you check out these tips, and then go shopping for yours when your eye is caught by one that looks just right.
There are some things you should know when it comes to shopping for neon signs. Read to know more about them.
Leave A Comment